- Aug 26, 2019
The Government of Bangladesh is
committed to upgrade the entire medical system of the country including the
education department. As such, the Government has encouraged capable private
authorities to set up multiple private colleges alongside its own endeavors.
Till 1990, there were mostly public institutions for teaching MBBS and MS,
however, the next decade witnessed a significant increase in the number of
medical colleges after the entry of the private corporate houses who developed
high-end study centers for the aspiring doctors. Many years have passed till then
and at present, the Bangladeshi medical colleges could compete with any
renowned institutes located in the sub-continent.Popularity among Indian & Nepalese Students
Compared to other countries in the sub-continent, Bangladeshi medical universities are popular amidst Indian students. There are multiple reasons which back up this fondness. Let us take a glance at them in the following lines.
1. Affordable Education Fees: First and foremost reason is quality education imparted at affordable rates. The cost of education at private medical colleges in India could reach up to Rs 70 Lakhs which many are unable to afford. Thus, even after qualifying in the medical entrance tests, many could not proceed with their studies. Compared to this, the tuition and course fees demanded at Bangladeshi medical colleges is about Rs 25 Lakhs.
2. Recognition from MCI, WHO and NMC: Unless Medical Council of India (MCI) approves it, here, one cannot practice as a doctor. Fortunately, an MBBS degree earned from Bangladesh is recognized by MCI and one needs to successfully qualify the MCI conducted screening test to be eligible as a practicing doctor in India. Similarly, WHO (World Health Organization) has recognized an MBBS pass out from Bangladesh thereby giving him/her the opportunity to practice in the USA, the UK and Australia. Nepal Medical Council (NMC) has also given recognition to the degree holder.
3. Reputed Faculty & Advanced Infrastructure: Many medical colleges in Bangladesh recruit the services of eminent medical doyennes who also offer their valuable services to foreign universities as visiting professors. Most of the universities are equipped with advanced machines and the students get the opportunity of utilizing high-tech labs. The practical classes add immense value to the entire curriculum.
4. A Diverse & Big Opportunity for Clinical Diagnosis: There is no dearth of a good patient pool in Bangladeshi hospitals. Thus, Indian students get a big opportunity for upgrading their skills during their internship period. Most of all, the types of diseases they come along are quite similar to what is found in India.
5. Absence of Medical Entrance Test: One can get the admission on the basis of marks scored in the Higher Secondary exams. There is no need to sit for the entrance tests. Many medical colleges also provide the facility of spot admission.
Students could approach education consultants in India for gathering further information on the subject. In fact, most need a guidance from the experts. Further details about medical colleges in Bangladesh could be availed from the education consultants in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Tags: Anwar Murshed, Study Abroad Tips & Trics, Study in Bangladesh